Thursday, March 5, 2009

Basketball with....?

Okay, okay, so we're sitting hundreds of feet away, so all you get is vague fuzz, but can you guess who we watched a Wizards-Bulls basketball game with last Friday?

Recognize the famous profile of one of Washington DC's newest residents?

We were told there might be a special guest when we got to the Verizon Center and had seen a street blocked of all traffic once we were off the metro, but we didn't register what 'special' meant until the crowd on the floor started to go wild.

And here comes President Obama!

I don't care who you voted for, that was a bit of a thrill. My daughter freaked out with excitement and she could barely watch the rest of the game for watching to see what the President might be doing. Our little photo is equally fuzzy, but yes, we will have the memories of a great girl's night out on the town.

For the record, the Wizards won. Woot!

4 comments:

TJ said...

Like him or not, that would definitely be cool!

Rosemary said...

Okay, you mover and shaker in the DC area, you're hanging with a pretty powerful crowd. Don't forget your crafty peeps (wink wink)!

j said...

That is SO cool! I am so happy for your daughter - she will remember that forever.

Look at blondie you! I wouldn't have recognized you.

American Homemaker said...

I just popped in and wanted to say hello :) You have lots of fun stuff to look at! And I love the pic of you and your daughter. I take lots like that of me and my middle one.