Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Rolling, rolling, rolling along


I was reading Rhonna say that this week is the hardest and you know what? She's right, dadblastitall! What is it about my human nature that is so short-sighted that it want to just give it up after one measly week. Tell me I'm not alone?!? Being able to see all the other 21 Challenge participants who are still valiantly charging forward with change is a huge encouragement to me and one of the reasons that for 2 days this week when I was far short of my 10,000 steps goal, I stepped outside and went for some long walks at night. I made my goal and felt better for it. Slept better too!

While I've been in the studio, altering away at this journal, I've also been purging the supply. I'm almost mortified to write that I have several inches of paper waiting for a scrapbook yard sale. Several inches! The kicker, my remaining paper supply looks just as robust and untouched as ever. I think I merely served to give the rest of the paper room to breath. And the embellishments & stickers that at one point I just had to have! I am a scrapbooking/stamping/shopping fool. (mental image inserted here: beating self with wet noodle)









Now that the week is at it's peak and on the way back down the mountain again, I'm feeling more in the groove of both my 21 Challenge goals and letting myself have fun with the art journaling (amidst a somewhat less crowded space). But, how could I forget, today is Friendship Day in our tiny town of Walkersville!

Happy Friendship day to all of you! Every year, our town celebrates by giving away roses. You stop in at the local florist where they give you a dozen long stemmed. You can keep one for yourself and then you are given the task to give the other eleven away as a gesture of appreciation and friendship. I love it! This just adds charm to the town where my mayor (a burgess rather) owns the teensie feedstore down the street, there's a men's only domino game weekly at said feedstore (lest they offend the women with their language) and he sits on the porch dressed in his finest flannel making sure we aren't driving too fast on his turf. I nearly forgot this tradition until I was given a rose myself, so I marched myself down the street and picked up a dozen (along with some candles, a pumpkin and the sweetest spooky cat decoration). They even wrapped them up for me!

Since I can't knock on your door or lean over the back fence, pick a rose. Happy Friendship Day (in Walkersville)!

8 comments:

dianna said...

I'm having a hard time sticking to it also-it's nice to have all of this support.
I want to come live in your town-what an awesome tradition! I'm sure it's hard not to smile in Walkersville today :)
Dianna

Becky Bunn said...

Hang in there. I love your pages and you are to funny. At least you started. I didn't even start,cause I knew I wouldn't stick with it. I love the friendship day. I live in the Phoenix area that would never work here. keep up the good work.You are very creative

Sunny said...

Casii, It's so hard, but I know you can do it! It will be so worthwhile and hey, it's all downhill from here, right?

~Rachel~ said...

Some days are hard and giving up seems easier, but you'll be happier in the end if you keep chuggin along. (at least that's what I tell myself)

Christi said...

I am a few days late to this post, but I hope that you are still sticking with the 21 day challenge. I always find the end of week 1/beginning of week 2 the hardest point in the challenge. It is definitely worth the effort to keep going. You can do it!

I want to move to your town...what a great tradition. It sounds like something they would do on Gilmore Girls. I had no idea that towns like that still existed. Wow...so cool! smiles...

Anonymous said...

Casii, I just love your traditions. I can just imagine how getting a rose would brighten someone's day. Hang in there with the challenge - you are one determined lady and I know you can do it.

Patricia Roebuck said...

Oh, I love the roses!!! Thanks for sharing and posting a picture. Love, love, love your journal. Unfortunately, it has been tougher. I'm right there with you. But with Rhonna's quotes and sayings and all of you guys, it really is helping. Hang in there!

Rhonna said...

I KNOW>>>>it's hard, huh? you can do it, though...just hang in there!!!!!
:)
R