Monday, December 8, 2008

Operation Mistletoe continues...

more packages wrapped, more ornaments hung, the wreath is on the door! I'd say it's beginning to look a lot like Christmas.

Just a quick aside, aren't they cute?One a full fledge teen and the other one a month away, these kinds of scenes are rare. Usually there is at least a fuss over who gets the quilt. Even with the remote muddling up the sweetness, ya gotta make the decision to recognize these little gems.

I am having a ball, a ball I tell you, playing with this Christmas journal. I stress easily. I freak out at the drop of a $.71 cent tea cup from the thrift store. Christmas rolls around and I'm am completely susceptible to the Fa La La Freak Outs. And there have been some legendary freak outs.

Most of the time, I can be calmed with a bag of Candy Cane Hershey Kisses or Cadbury Mini Ball Ornament chocolates, but those other times? Well, let's just recall Buddy the Elf when he informs a height challenged author that he is an angry elf. Remember the response to that? Shivers....

15 Minutes a day to commit to work on a little project for me and only me is a nice dose of creative therapy. I can put on some holiday tunes, mellow out and zone in on the moments that make the holidays meaninful. Here are a few of my pages I've been working on:







Just tonight, my college kid came home and fretted that he wasn't getting his share of Advent candy. I had to fill his pockets with sweets and send him back to school. After Christmas, I'll show him the page from the 5th and he'll laugh. I have proof that he counts on these traditions!
Just a day or two more before the drawing. If you're interested in a little giftie (and who isn't?), comment on the giveaway post below!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Really cute pages! The picture of the girls is too cute, got to savor those times! :)

Melissa Bove said...

Your journal pages look so cute! Love that! Hugs...

Melissa Bove said...

Sweet pic too!!

TJ said...

You are awesome for journaling! What a great memory later.

Your girls are adorable. I have a few years to go (like 8) before I have to worry about a teenager, but she acts it enough anyway!

Oh now another of my fav songs is playing! Baby it's cold outside! I have the Dean Martin version as my ringtone.

Anna Willett said...

i cannot believe that you are old enough to have teenagers... much less a college kid! i know they will treasure that journal...

Staci said...

Great pics!! Check my blog re the Cutter Bee giveaway. :-)

Stacy Cohen said...

Love the journal pages! What a great keepsake!